CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO MARTINI
Recipe by: Michael Chiarello
Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons espresso (cooled)
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka chilled
- 1/2 ounce creme de cacao
- Long lemon twist
Wipe the rim of chilled oversized martini glass with lemon wedge
Pour sugar and chocolate into small saucer and mix well
Dip glass rim into mixture and roll to thoroughly coat rim
Over a large handful of ice in a cocktail shaker, pour espresso, vodka and crème de cacao.
Shake until frothy.
Strain into preferred glass. Garnish with lemon twist.
CHOCOLATE KISS COCKTAIL
Recipe by Zachary Zakarian
- 1 1/2 ounces cognac (such as Hennessy VSOP)
- 1 ounce oloroso sherry (such as Lustau)
- 1/2 ounce cane simple sugar (see recipe)
- 1/2 ounce dark chocolate syrup
- 1/2 ounce half-and-half
- 1/4 ounce caramel sauce (store bought used for sundaes)
- 2 ounce chocolate (mole) bitters (optional)
CANE SIMPLE SUGAR
1 cup pure cane sugar
Place the cognac, sherry and cane simple syrup, dark chocolate syrup, half-and-half, caramel sauce, and bitters into a cocktail shaker without ice and dry shake until everything is emulsified.
Add large ice cubes and shake again vigorously.
CANE SIMPLE SUGAR:
Combine sugar an d1 cup water in small saucepan and bring to boil. Cook, stir-ring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Keep covered in refrigerator for one month.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE MARTINI
Recipe by the Neelys
Down Home with the Neely's
- Cocoa powder for rimming
- 2 Parts Chocolate liqueur for rimming and cocktail
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part half-and-half
Add a few drops of chocolate liqueur to a small rimmed plate
Add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder to another small plate and whisk briefly to
break up the lumps
Dip the rim of the martini glass into the chocolate liqueur then into the cocoa powder. Set aside.
Add the liqueur, vodka and half-and-half into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake for 20 seconds. Pour into rimmed martini glass
Recipe by Skinnygirl Vodka
- 1 part Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
- 1 part Mocha Liqueur
- 1 part espresso
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
Rim glass with chocolate syrup
Swirl the bottom of a martini glass with some chocolate syrup
In shaker filled with ice, combine first 3 ingredients, strain then pour into rimmed glass and enjoy
Sunny's Chocolate Whiskey Martini
Recipe by Sunny Anderson
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 ounces vodka (such as Imperia) plus a splash for mixing with the preserves
- 2 ounces chocolate-flavored whisky
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 3 frozen raspberries for garnish
Combine raspberry preserves and a splash of vodka into a small bowl
and mix till syrupy consistency
In a cocktail shaker filed with ice, combine vodka, whiskey and agave and shake.
Drizzle the raspberry sauce into the martini glass an then pour in the cocktail.
Garnish with frozen raspberries on a cocktail toothpick.